Investment Advisory Services
Frank N. Magid Associates leverages its expertise across industries, consumer perspective, research capabilities and network of industry executives to provide investment and strategic counsel to operating companies and investment firms. Magid has advised investment firms on prospective investments and conducted major due diligence efforts. To date, Magid has worked on over $15 billion in due diligence engagements focused on operational, revenue, and management issues. In addition, Magid works with private equity firms to improve the product, brand, customer, marketing and communication strategies of their portfolio companies. Our investment advisory services provide insights including:
- What are the major growth areas within different industries? What is the revenue market size now and in the next five years?
- What are the major opportunities and threats to growth within these industries?
- What do consumer attitudes, behaviors and consumption trends suggest about future opportunities?
- What are current companies in the space seeing in terms of revenues and EBITDA?
- What insights and information can be gathered about the operations, management, and strategy of possible acquisition opportunities?
- How can product, brand, customer, marketing and communication strategies of portfolio companies be improved to provide greater returns to private equity firms?
Applying Magid's Unique Process for Analyzing Local Market Potential to Prioritize Investments for a Major Local Media Company
Amidst a challenging market for local newspapers, Frank N. Magid Associates developed a process for media holding companies to prioritize local markets for resource allocation, isolate markets with less growth potential and identify valuable markets as acquisition opportunities. Magid applied this process for one of the largest local media companies in the US to identify markets that were most capable of supporting local media growth. Magid’s team of newspaper operators, researchers and consultants analyzed and ranked twenty-six of the company’s local newspaper markets, resulting in the prioritization of the company’s resource allocation and the discovery of a unique investment opportunity. In addition, market re-engineering projects were launched based on this analysis and Magid was selected to lead these initiatives.