Investment Advisory Services
Frank N. Magid Associates leverages its expertise across industries, consumer perspective, research capabilities and network of industry executives to provide investment and strategic counsel to operating companies and investment firms. Magid has advised investment firms on prospective investments and conducted major due diligence efforts. To date, Magid has worked on over $15 billion in due diligence engagements focused on operational, revenue, and management issues. In addition, Magid works with private equity firms to improve the product, brand, customer, marketing and communication strategies of their portfolio companies. Our investment advisory services provide insights including:
- What are the major growth areas within different industries? What is the revenue market size now and in the next five years?
- What are the major opportunities and threats to growth within these industries?
- What do consumer attitudes, behaviors and consumption trends suggest about future opportunities?
- What are current companies in the space seeing in terms of revenues and EBITDA?
- What insights and information can be gathered about the operations, management, and strategy of possible acquisition opportunities?
- How can product, brand, customer, marketing and communication strategies of portfolio companies be improved to provide greater returns to private equity firms?
Analyzing the Upside Revenue Opportunities of Newspaper Companies to Inform a Hedge Fund's Investment Strategy
An investment firm dedicated to distressed assets and equities in hedge funds and structured funds was looking for guidance regarding investing in distressed newspaper equities. Leveraging its fifty years of newspaper industry expertise, Frank N. Magid Associates developed a methodology to analyze newspaper groups based on the key attributes necessary to achieve strong financial growth following re-structuring. Magid used this method to analyze over twenty-five newspapers within five major newspaper holding companies to compare the upside revenue opportunities of each newspaper group. This analysis allowed the investment firm to identify and prioritize investments in distressed newspaper equities to realize the most ROI. Based on the result of this investment consultation, the investment firm asked Magid to analyze its investment thesis for another newspaper group.