Frank N. Magid Associates’ first internet client was AOL in 1995 when we worked extensively with the company to build several highly effective marketing strategies. Since then, Magid has completed over 3,000 engagements with online businesses in areas ranging from search, e-commerce, and news and information to virtual worlds, games, and social networks. In applying our unparalleled research and experience-based perspectives to the online world, Magid helps clients understand how to align their products and services with the needs of consumers, develop effective business models, and build strategies to maximize customer engagement and revenues.
Leveraging our consumer lens and extensive media expertise, Magid works with clients to drive revenues through a broad range of strategic and tactical capabilities, including:
- Web site redesign and usability research to optimize web traffic
- Alignment of web communications and brand strategy
- Integration of a web strategy within a cross-platform media strategy
- Development of a social media strategy to drive brand engagement
- Monetization through free, subscription-based, micro-transaction based, or hybrid business models
- Identification and development of e-commerce and social commerce opportunities to create new revenue streams
Implementing Magid's Web Strategy Insights and Usability Testing to Grow Advertising Revenue and Consumer Traffic
A national online yellow pages company was dissatisfied with the level of engagement from its business advertisers. As a result of this low level of engagement, consumers were not utilizing the client’s tools or services, leading to lower revenues. Frank N. Magid Associates was engaged to conduct website usability testing among consumers to determine the ideal web site aesthetics, preferred navigation methods, online interaction dynamics, and desired content. Magid’s research and subsequent strategic recommendations helped the client change their web site to improve advertiser engagement and enhance usability. These performance factors fed off of each other, causing advertisers to increase their usage of the website across general advertising, sales announcements, and online coupons, which in turn drove even more consumer traffic.