Frank N. Magid Associates’ involvement in the mobile landscape has been substantial ever since our work to develop mobile content standards for CTIA in 2005. Since then, Magid has worked with mobile content providers and advertisers, infrastructure service providers, wireless device manufacturers and software developers, regulators, associations, investors, and all of the top wireless carriers in the US. Applying its expertise of the mobile landscape, Magid helps clients to align their products, services, and content with the mobile consumption habits of their market and the unique capabilities of the mobile platform. These engagements have resulted in successful mobile applications, new mobile advertising models, increased brand engagement on mobile devices, and highly successful investments in the mobile space.
Leveraging our consumer lens and mobile expertise, Magid works with clients to drive revenues through a broad range of strategic and tactical capabilities, including:
- Mobile product development and usability testing
- Identification and understanding of key mobile opportunities, including location-based services, social media, mobile commerce, mobile wagering, and coupons
- Development of a mobile content strategy, including the development of mobile video programming, games, and applications
- Analysis of mobile content consumption behaviors by customer segments, including different generations and ethnicities
- Identification of investment opportunities based on consumer usage trends, advertiser sentiment, market size, and revenue potential
- Partnerships with major wireless carriers to develop content and advertising policies and audits for app stores and carrier decks
- Research and analysis of opportunities for emerging mobile devices including e-readers and the iPad
Utilizing Magid's Mobile Industry Expertise and International Research Capabilities to Assess the Viability of Mobile Gambling in Europe
A US-based mobile handset manufacturer believed it could drive international sales by taking advantage of the popularity of mobile gambling in Europe. Utilizing Frank N. Magid Associates' European research partners and mobile strategy expertise, the company partnered with Magid to conduct research across European markets to determine the market size and opportunity for mobile gambling, and understand how to optimize its offering according to local tastes, cultural dynamics, and brand affinity. Magid’s research revealed that the client’s hypothesis overstated the actual popularity of mobile gambling, and was a weak product and brand fit for the manufacturer. As a result, the client allocated its resources and investments in more promising new business development opportunities.